Friday, October 30, 2009

October is for pumpkin carving

Ty and I have now carved pumpkins four times in ten days. We narrowly avoiding making it five two nights ago. If anyone else has the brilliant, original, never-been-thought-of-before date idea of getting together to jab knives into those orange globes of seeds and pumpkin guts, and then dropping lit balls of wax into the freshly-made gap inside that squash, there's a good possibility I will be busy doing other things that night. Like whittling things out of unsalted butter. or studying the genetic makeup of calico cats. or possibly painting my garage floor.

Just kidding. Okay, so I'm all talk. I don't really mind carving pumpkins at all. After all, it's October! I mean really... what else do you do in October? The month just wouldn't be the same without a little bit of orange pumpkin gut-scraping.

I especially don't mind if I like the company. Monday we went to Alana's and carved them with her family for FHE. I adore her family. She made a collage of some pictures and put them on her blog, so the credit goes to her for these. Hopefully she doesn't mind that I'm stealing them...



















I look creepy, but it's fine. I'll get over it.

Oh, and Tycen randomly carved Jack from the Nightmare Before Christmas (second from left)--I was seriously amazed. This picture doesn't do it justice, but you'll get the idea.




1 comment:

Brett Z said...

i love carving pumpkins, but you should try watermelons sometime. it is grand.